How To Guide & Technical Tips
Welcome to our Digital How To & Troubleshooting Guide. Here you will find information to ensure you get the most out of your at-home performance experience. Please review the browser and casting information prior to the performance, and use the video below to test casting to your TV.
We recommend that you try this before the performance is set to begin,
so that you may sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!
HOW TO REDEEM A CODE
After you purchase your ticket, you will receive a Redemption Code.
When you click the performance page, you will be asked to enter your code. Once you click enter, the performance page will open.
If you close your browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Edge), or wish to watch the performance on a different device (computer, phone, or tablet), you will need to reenter your code.
To ensure your best streaming experience, please use one of the supported browsers and operating systems as listed below
- Chrome (Use for Chromecast)
- Edge (Windows 10 only)
- Internet Explorer 11, 10 and 9 (IE 11 requires Windows 10)
- Firefox 47+
- Windows 10, 8, 7
Mobile phones and tablets
- Windows Phone 8.1
*Please Note: To keep Safari up to date for the version of macOS you’re using, install the latest macOS updates.
The most recent version of macOS includes the most recent version of Safari. For some earlier versions of macOS, Safari might also be available separately from the Updates tab of the App Store.
SET UP CHROMECAST
Google Chromecast is a streaming media player so you can watch content from the internet on your TV. It works with both Android and iOS mobile devices and using the Chrome Browser.
Google Chromecast is a small, affordable piece of hardware that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV.
It is supported by:
- Android 4.2 and higher
- iOS 9.1 and higher
- mac os x 10.9 and higher
- Windows 7 and higher
- Unpack your Chromecast
- Plug it in and wait for it to power up.
- Plug the USB cable into the wall socket using the included adapter, or the USB port on the back of your TV (as long as that provides enough power. Some older TVs may not)
- If your TV is on, you will know that it is ready for set-up when you see an on-screen prompt
- Please note: In the space with the yellow box on the image below, you will see a unique code. This will be different for each user.
Installing a Second Generation Chromecast or Chomecast Ultra
- On your phone or tablet, visit your App Store
- Download Google Home app
- Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on
- Your Chromecast will start the set-up process and you will be connected over Bluetooth immediately.
- Note: If it hasn’t worked, go to your phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi settings. Search for a network with a the unique name that appears in the set-up screen space (that we have indicated with the yellow box) and connect
Installing a First Generation Chromecast
- You will need to connect to the temporary Wi-Fi network it creates
- Open your phone or tablet’s Wi-Fi settings
- Search for a network with a the unique name that appears in the set-up screen space (that we have indicated with the yellow box) and connect (picture 2)
Configure Your Chromecast
- Open the Google Home App and complete the configuration process. Note: This should happen automatically, but if not, tap the Device Icon in the upper right hand corner
- Your devices to set-up will be grouped at the top of the screen. (picture 3 below)
- Confirm that your Chromecast Identifier (from the space indicated by the yellow box in picture 1) matches that on your phone and tap Set Up (picture 4)
- Now the setup app will beam a confirmation code to your TV. Confirm that you see the code by tapping I See It. (picture 5)
- Now you will be asked to select your region (e.g. United States), then click Continue
- The App will ask you to name your Chromecast. You could name it by the room that the TV is in for ease of use, especially if you have Chromecast installed on multiple TVs. (picture 6)
- The App will ask you if you want to send crash reports to Google and if you want to set up Guest mode. Click here for the Google instructions for Guest mode.
- Make your selection and click Continue
- Enter the credentials for the Wi-Fi network you want to use to connect Chromecast (this should be the same Wi-Fi network you are using on your phone or tablet).
- Finally, you are able to link your Google account to your Chromecast if you wish. This offers advanced features.
WATCH YOUR AT-HOME CONCERT ON YOUR TV FROM A PC USING GOOGLE CHROMECAST (PC and Mac)
Using Chrome and Chromecast is the easiest way to access internet-based content on your TV, whether videos, pictures or music.
You will need to install the Google Chomecast dongle before using this method. Please see our How to Install Google Chromecast instructions in the section toggle above.
- Turn on your PC and your TV
- Make sure your Wi-Fi is on your computer is the same Wi-Fi network connected to your Chromecast
- Open your Chrome Browser. If you don’t have Chrome already installed: Download the Google Chrome Bowser (click here)
- Click the menu button on the top right (three vertical lines or dots)
- Click on Cast. A pop-up box will appear (make sure you allow pop-ups) (picture 1 below)
- In the pop-up box, click Ok, Got it to enable casting
- Click the name of your Chromecast to start mirroring your browser tab
- Make sure you click the Full Screen box on your Performance Video so that the concert fills your TV screen (picture 2 below, yellow arrow)
- Make sure your computer is connected to the same Wi-Fi network your Chromecast was set up to use.
- Launch Google Chrome on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Load a video, and you’ll see an icon to cast it, if there’s a Chromecast on your Wi-Fi network. It looks like a square with three curved lines, like a Wi-Fi symbol. (picture 2 below, blue arrow)
- Click on that stream buttonand the same pop-up will come.
Click on the name of your Chromecast, and it’ll start streaming to your TV right away.
WATCH YOUR AT-HOME CONCERT ON YOUR TV VIA AN ANDROID DEVICE
Mirroring from an Android to a Smart TV
- Turn on your Smart TV
- Make sure it is connected to the internet
- On your Android Phone, open the notifications panel
- Look for Screen Mirroring, or a similar term (e.g. on Samsung, it is called Smart View)
- Your phone will search for available devices. Tap the name of your TV when you see it in the list. If you do not see it, make sure your TV is not in standby mode and that it is connected to the internet
- Your TV should start to mirror your phone screen automatically
- When done, open the notifications panel again and tap screen mirroring (or whatever your handset calls it) to turn it off.
Mirroring from an Android phone to a non-smart TV
Please see our Chromecast Guides
The difference between screen mirroring and screen casting is that when you are casting, you are able to display the content you want and continue to use your phone.
Please see our Chromecast Guides
WATCH YOUR AT-HOME CONCERT ON YOUR TV VIA APPLE AIRPLAY / SAFARI
You will need to access your concert page with Safari, or a supported iOS device plus an AirPlay device like AppleTV. The device (computer, iPhone or iPad) and the AirPlay device must both be connected to the same Wi-Fi or Local Network
Before you may use Safari to watch, mirror or cast your video, you may need follow these steps:
- Allow cross-site tracking
- Open Safari’s settings, and go to Privacy and Security
- Turn off: Prevent Cross-site Tracking
On an iPhone or Tablet
- Go to Settings > Safari
- Under Privacy and Security, make sure Prevent Cross-site Tracking and Block All Cookies are turned off
You should also make sure that your iOS and Safari browser are up to date. You may need to install updates to ensure that you are able to watch your video on your TV
The AirPlay button looks like a rectangle with an arrow at the bottom (picture 1, blue arrow; the yellow arrow is your full-screen button)
- Make sure your TV is on
- Tap the AirPlay button on the video
WATCH YOUR AT-HOME CONCERT ON YOUR TV WITH AN HDMI CABLE
- Connect your TV to your computer with an HDMI cable
- Select the HDMI option from your TV’s source menu
- Your TV should now mirror your computer’s screen
WATCH YOUR AT-HOME CONCERT ON YOUR TV VIA YOUR SMART TV'S WEB BROWSER
- Turn on your Smart TV
- Open its Browser
- Type in the concert page’s URL
- Sign-in to the video player and enter your redemption code if required